Technical Information Kompakt Car Repair Paint
The well proven MoTip Kompakt system for a wide range of applications. Combi system means, that with within very close tolerances, the colour corresponds approximately to the original car manufacturer shade.
High performance acrylic paint for lacquering or retouching automobiles and many other objects, for example in the household: for do-it-yourself works, decoration and handicraft. Applicable on metal, wood, glass, stone, ceramics, carton and many coatable hard plastics.
Our Kompakt system includes several original automobile paint colours under one reference number (5-digit), which are identical in colour but which are given different references by different car manufactures grouped under one color-code. For example the colour-code 41020 includes approx. 26 different colours from different car manufacturers. With the help of the Kompakt catalogue the suitable colour code is easy to find.
uni / perleffect colours in 400ml = 41000 - 46999
metallic colours in 400ml = 51000 - 56000
uni / perleffect colours in 12ml = 941000 - 946999
metallic colours in 12ml = 951000 - 956000
Quality and properties
- High-grade acrylic quality
- Very good colour-matching
- Very good coverage
- Durable gloss
- Excellent adhesion
- High surface hardness and good elasticiy
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Polishable, surface resistant to dirt
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- Uni- as well as Metallic Paints become limited fuel-resistant by overcoating with the 2-coat clear lacquer
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylic copolymers
- Colour: many original car colours and RAL colours
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80-85 gloss units
dto. metallics after coating with 2-Coat Clear Lacquer
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
12 ml for small spots
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m² depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Coatable with 2-Coat Clear Lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 110°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, touch-up pencils: 5 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
touch-up pencils 12 ml,
aerosol can, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Only for DE: In order to ensure a high reuse and recycling rate, the legislator requires, in accordance with §15 - VerpackG, Paragraph 1, the return of transport, sales or outer packaging, alternatively, however, deviating agreements can also be made.
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- Clean underground from dirt, fat and rust. If necessary, treat existing pore rust with presto Rust Stop.
- Fill and sand uneven surfaces.
- Generously mask off the repair spot with tape. Larger surfaces should be masked off at creases and edges of the car body, too.
- Apply MoTip Filler or Spray Putty on the fine-sanded putty surface.
Smooth the thoroughly dried Filler layer by wet-sanding (sandpaper P1000).
First abrade the Spray Putty-layer with P600 sandpaper, afterwards prepare the surface for the finish coating with MoTip Filler or Primer.
- Pre-treat plastic parts with MoTip Plastic Primer.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching.
- The spray distance should be approx. 20-30 cm.
- Spray in 3 - 5 minute intervals several thin coats onto the dry repair spot.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
2-Coat Clear Lacquer:
- Metallic paints have to be sealed after 30 minutes drying time with clear lacquer. Otherwise the aluminium parts in the lacquer will be attacked by environmental and weathering influences.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
With our colour search program you have the possibility to look for your special automobile colour with the help of an easy and purposeful search function.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: April 17, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.