Technical Information 1K Clear Coat
ColorMatic 1K clear coat is a UV-resistant, fast-drying clear coat that can be applied universally at all existing base coats (solvent-based). Available in glossy, satin gloss and mat quality. Because of its very good flow and ease of polish, 1K Clear Coat glossy is highly suitable for spot repairs with solvent-based paints (e.g. ColorMatic solvent-based).
For best preparation of the surface which is to varnish, clean it thoroughly with ColorMatic Silicone Remover no. 174469 and, if required, apply a primer or filler (e.g. ColorMatic 2K Primer Filler no. 195327). We recommend using ColorMatic Spot Blender no. 114229 for spot repair on the edges.
glossy: ideal for spot repairs and refinishing parts.
satin gloss and mat: painting of construction parts with mat look.
Quality and properties
- Fast drying time
- Easy application
- Can be used on all solvent-based paints
- UV resistant
Especially at 1K Clear Coat glossy:
- Highly suited for spot repairs due to good flow and being easy to polish
- Light blending
- High gloss
Especially at 1K Clear Coat satin gloss and mat:
- Ideal for all construction parts with a brilliant mat respectively satin gloss look
- Tip: we advice at Clear Coat mat to paint the construction parts complete
- Caution: don't polish!
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic resin
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: at measurement angle 60° acc. DIN 67530
glossy: 85 - 90 GE
satin gloss: 60 GE
mat: 10 (+/-5) GE
Depending of consistence and colour of the substrate 400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1,5 - 2,0 m²
Basecoats uni or metallic
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after 5 - 10 minutes
Touch-dry: after 10 - 20 minutes
Cured after 24 hours
The drying time is depending on the ambient temperature, air humidity and the applied paint layer
- Temperature resistance:
glossy to 110°C
mat to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative Luftfeuchte von max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
glossy 276,4 g
satin gloss 271 g
mat 253,9 g
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Solvent-based paints can be recoated with ColorMatic 1 component clear coat once they have dried for 30 minutes
- Shake can for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- 1K Clear Coat glossy: For spot repairs, cover the wet edges of the clear coat ColorMatic Spot Blender no. 114229
- Not suitable for recoating water-based paints (we recommend CM 2K Clear Coat high-gloss no. 187216, 190469)
- Don't spray on synthetic resin areas!
- For an optimal coating result bring can to temperature prior to use (20 - 25 °C) and a relative air humidity of 45 - 60%.
Please note: a high air humidity can cause loss of gloss.
- For professional use only
- Use an adequate respirator mask (we recommend type A2/P3)
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 6, 2019
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions