Technical Information Diamond
Coloured and silver glittering colours in covering or transparent quality. For professional uses as well as for applications in the household and hobby.
DUPLI-COLOR GLITTER SPRAY is suitable for painting glass, ceramics, stone, metals and all surfaces, which are painted with acrylic or nitro-combi lacquers. Also for wood (primed or painted); limited suitable on carton, paper and coatable plastics.
Depending on colour of the ground and thicknes of the applied coat, the achieved effect can strongly vary. Perfect for vanciful creatives!
For long-term protection of the painted object, you should apply a protective coat of high-glossy DUPLI-COLOR ZAPON SPRAY.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, due to rough surface
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
12 ml are sufficient for small spots
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.4 - 0.6 m²
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 - 0.7 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.0 - 1.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Coatable with clear lacquer: after approx. 10 minutes
Cured after application of clear lacquer: after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: touch-up pencils 12 ml; aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 150 ml, 200 ml or 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove flakes of old paint and rust.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- If necessary prime DUPLI-COLOR Primer
- To achieve a covering layer of the effect, prime first Diamond Effet Gold with white Effect Primer and the other covering colours with black Effect Primer
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray in 2 minute intervals several thin coats from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
- The Diamond-effect strongly depends from colour of the ground. The silver-transparent product is best on painted or coloured objects. The same effect you achieve with the covering products marine, gold or blue-black on not-painted objects.
- For durable resistance we recommend to apply a protective coat of DUPLI-COLOR Zapon Spray.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: October 18, 2017
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.