Technical Information Galvinol Special Adhesion Primer
DUPLI-COLOR Galvinol is a special primer improving the adhesion on very smooth and non-porous surfaces, such as zinc, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, copper, glass, porcelain and other smooth surfaces.
Remains sticky at the surface and forms the perfect adhesion promoter for the subsequent painting with DUPLI-COLOR Alkyton Rust Protection.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: sovent-based acrylic
- Colour: bluish-transparent
- Smell: solvent
Theoretical: 35 m²/l
Practical coverage depends on many factors such as roughness of the substrate and material losses during application
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: remains tacky
Re-coatable: after min. 30 minutes, but at least after 24 hours
- Density: 0,87 kg/ltr.
- Viscosity: 16-24 sec. Ford cup 4 at 20°X
- Solid contents: 7 % by volume
- VOC-content: 741 g/ l max., category A/h
EU Limit values: 750 g/ l (2007)/ 750 g/ l (2010)
- Temperature resistance: up to 100°C
- Storage stability:
5 years from date of production in unopened can, if stored in dry, well ventilated areas, not in direct sunlight at temperatures between 5° and 35°C.
- Disposal: Put only empty can into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Content: max. nominal volume = 250 ml or 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Remove oil, grease and all other surface contaminations by alkaline or high pressure (steam), cleaning in combination with appropriate detergents.
- Remove previous coatings completely. Use depending on necessity a wire brush, sand blasting or sand paper.
- The surface must be clean and dry during application.
- To ensure homogeneity, the lacquer should be thoroughly stirred prior to use.
- DUPLI-COLOR GALVINOL Special Adhesion Primer is intended for brush application.
- Application by air-atomised spraying or airless spraying is not recommended.
- Use natural bristles, long hair brushes.
- Apply the primer in very thin uniform layers.
- Apply in well-ventilated areas.
- During application the surrounding area, the substrate and the adhesion primer should have a temperature above 5°C and below 35°C.
- Apply the top coat earliest after 30 minutes, but within 24 hours. The longer you wait, the bigger the risk to include particles of dust and dirt in the sticky surface.
- Use white spirit
- Temperature of air, substrate and coating material: between 5° and 35 °C
- Relative air humidity: below 85 %
- Substrate temperature: at least 3°C above dew point.
|DC Galvinol Special Haftpr 250||250 ml||334337|
|DC Galvinol Special Haftpr 750||750 ml||334344|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 29, 2012
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.