Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- The metal surface has to be blank and free from fat.
- Due to the high density, the Zinc Primer has to be shaked for at least 2 minutes after you hear the noise of the mixing-balls. Otherwise the valve could block.
- Shake the can vigorously for approx. 2 - 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Apply several covering coats.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 - 30 cm.
- After drying (approx. 24 hours) apply primer and top coat.
- Do apply just thin coats to objects, which are exposed to high heat. If necessary, re-coat with temperature-resistant lacquer (test painting).
- Overpainting with other paints is not recommended.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!