Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove dirt, fat and oil.
- Roughen resp. grind the ground with sandpaper grain 240 up to grain 360. Rough-grinded and filled areas have to be wet-sanded. Carefully remove abrasive dust.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Shake the can vigorously for approx. 3 minutes.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 - 30 cm.
- Apply DUPLI-COLOR Spray Putty in several thin coats. Wait after every coat for 2 - 5 minutes and shake the can before every new spray procedure.
- After approx. 1 hour, depending on weather conditions, wet-sand with sandpaper grain 400 to grain 500. The thicker the coat, the longer the drying time.
- Continue structure of paintwork with DUPLI-COLOR Filler und DUPLI-COLOR Acryl Auto-Spray.
- Coatable with synthetic and acrylic lacquers.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!