Technical information 2K 2K Fibreglass Putty
Qualität und Eigenschaften
- Easy to use
- Suitable for bare metal, wood, concrete, old paintwork, GRP etc.
- Suitable for filling holes, rust, perforations and imperfections
- The combination of polyester resins facilitates use on all undercoats and surface affected by tension and strain
- Resistant to weak acids, bases, propellants, solvents, water and road salt
Physical and chemical data
- Basic: Polyester resin with mineral filler material
- Colour: grey green
- Smell: Styrol
- Form: soft, thixotrop
- Pot life/workability time at 20°C: approx. 6 – 8 minutes
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Grindable after approx. 10 – 20 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (putty); for hardener not applicable
- Concentration at 20°C:
Putty material1,6 kg/dm³
Hardener 1,15 g/cm³
- Hardener addition: 2,5 %
- Temperature-resistant of the cured material: 120°C
- Storage stability:
24 month if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in unopened original bundle. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity
Putty material: small ring cans
Hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most presto spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the labels!
- Rust should be removed from the surface to be treated and it should be clean, dry, free of grease and sanded
- Take the required amount of material from the pack and mix thoroughly with the appropriate hardener
- Apply the mixture with the desired thickness
- Clean equipment immediately after use, wash putty off with thinner if necessary
- Do not return the mixture to the tin
- The treated surface can be drilled, sanded, sawed, filed and painted after 20 minutes
- Surfaces need to be level to apply ColorMatic universal putty or ColorMatic soft fine putty
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 16, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.