Technical Information Textile Spray
Acrylic-based spray paint for textile decorations and creations. Highest colour brilliance. After drying limited washing at 30°C (delicates program, from left side). No additional fixation necessary. Very good coverage and light resistance for indoor and outdoor applications. Ideal for combination with stencil technique.
Quality and properties
- Acrylic lacquer with special solvent
- Excellent adhesion on textiles
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Quick and even drying
- Resistant to wiping (excepted silver)
- Highest colour brilliancy
- No further fixation necessary
- Very good coverage and good light resistance for interiour and exterior applications
- After drying limited washing at 30°C (delicates programm, from left side).
- Not suitable for workaday clothes
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylate co-polymeres
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.4 m² depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
After drying limited washing at 30°C (delicates programm, from left side).
Not suitable for workaday clothes!
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The textile you want to spray on has to be clean and dry.
- Carefully mask off the areas you do not want to paint!
- Protect the surroundings from spray mist.
- Before use, shake the can for approx. 3 minutes.
- Test the spray at an invisible spot.
- Apply the motif by spraying several thin layers.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Dust-dry after approx. 10 minutes, cured after approx. 24 hours.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of: October 27, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.