Technical Information Rust Effect Spray
With this new effect spray you achieve a special rough texture with a visual appearance like rust. If you undercoat selective areas with orange or black paint, you can achieve very individual effects. Suitable for indoor and outdoor objects.
For the demands of DIY, decoration and handicraft. Suitable for metal, wood, glass, stone, ceramics, carton and many coatable plastics.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: special lacquer on nitro-combi basis
- Colour: rust-brown
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not applicable due to special structure
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m²
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 - 0.6 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after 50 minutes
Can be coated with rust-effect spray at any time; with other top coats after approx. 3 hours.
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Carefully remove loose parts of old paintings and rust.
- Then sand and remove dust.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Apply a primer, if necessary, e.g. DUPLI-COLOR Universal Primer
- Prepare coatable hard plastics with DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer
- You can create individual effects by priming selective areas with orange or black paint.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can for 2-3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching and compatibility at an invisible spot.
- Spray several thin coats in 2 minute intervals.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Best results will be achieved at temperatures around 20°C.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Rosteffekt 150||150 ml||434099|
|Rosteffekt 400||400 ml||383588|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 19, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.