Technical Information Aqua Wood Impregnator
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd-/Acrylatresin combination
- Colour: colourless
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
per 750 ml can: approx. 4,5 m²
per 5L: approx. 60 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry after approx. 2 hours
Coatable after approx. 8-10 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the wooden ground.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
10 - 25°C
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with warm water and if necessry with a cleanser
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 750 ml and 5L
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be dry, clean and free from fat and rust.
- Sand down weathered wood parts and old scumbling coats.
- Before application, always carefully stir up the paint.
- Brush or spray (adjust to spray viscosity).
- Prime in the interior 1 x, in the exterior 1-2 .
- Work temperature not below 8°C.
- Brush in direction to the fibers.
- Dilute with max. 10 % water.
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 21, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.