Technical Data Sheet Primer
The ideal primer for use as filler and as an adhesion promoter between surface and final coat. Coatable with air-drying acrylic-, synthetic and nitro-combi lacquers. For metal, wood, ceramics, stone, carton and others.
The ideal primer for the subsequent coating with DUPLI-COLOR Auto-Spray.
Colour grey for all blue, green, golden and silver top coats.
Colour red for all dark-red top coats.
Colour white for all very bright top coats.
Before the application of the top coat we recommend to wet-sand with presto wet-sandpaper grain 600 art.no. 670435 or 135934.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Especially high filling power
- Very good flow, smooth surface
- Protects from corrosion
- Promotes best adhesion of the top coat on the subsoil
- Optimizes the gloss of the top coat
- Grants the economical application of the top coat
- Especially user-friendly due to durable quality, which is easy to apply and easy to sand and re-coat
- For indoor and outdoor applications
- Tamper-proof cap avoids unauthorized useHigh-grade nitro-combi quality
- Especially high filling power
Phsysical and chemical data
- Colour: grey, red, white
- Degree of gloss:
matt, 5-10 gloss units at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
12 ml for small spots
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,3 m² at covering layer
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,8 m² at covering layer
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Can be sanded: after approx. 2-4 hours
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10° - 25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: maximum nominal volume
Touch-up pencils = 12 ml, aerosol cans = 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- De-rust, sand and clean the surfaces to be painted.
- Apply putty, if necessary.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat.
Applying the primer:
- Shake cans for 2 minutes.
- Egalize little dents and porous repair spots by repeated spraying of thin layers and sanding.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- After drying (approx. 2-4 hours), wet-sand with sandpaper (grain 600), clean the surface and let it dry.
- Afterwards apply the top coat.
- Coatable with synthetic or acrylic lacquers.
- Do not spray over synthetic lacquers!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of December 1, 2009
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions