Technical information 2K Hi-Speed Primer Filler
ColorMatic 2K hi-speed primer is universally applicable to all metallic surfaces such as steel, galvanized steel and aluminium. It offers excellent adhesion and corrosion protection and is very fast drying: 1 h (20 ° C). It is perfect for sanding, wet and dry. It is also solvent resistant.
Ideal for spot repairs and refinishing parts.
Click here for a demonstration of the 2 K technology in a video.
Quality and properties
- Filler and primer at the same time
- Long pot life
- Very fast drying time
- Very good flow
- Universal applicable for polished old paintwork and metal surfaces
- Best to use 200 ml can to avoid surplus
- Simple, time-saving application
- Good adhesion to bare steel, galvanized steel and aluminium
- Recoat with ColorMatic pre-fill based paints, acrylic RAL
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: grey
- Smell: solvent
Depending on consistance and colour of the ground: 400 ml are sufficient for 1,5 m²
bare metal cleaned and sanded, zinc-coated metal cleaned and sanded, Aluminium cleaned and sanded, PE-Putty cleaned and sanded, plastic substrates should be pre-treated with ColorMatic 1K Plastic Adhesive
- Temperature resistance: to 80°C
- Storage stability:
36 month if appropriate storage is provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
2 components aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 500 ml and 200 ml
- VOC-value: 114,2g
- Pot life:
24 h at least
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Clean surface with ColorMatic silicone remover no. 174469, then sand
- Old paintwork has to be cleaned and sanded
- 2-3 coats, 40 to 50µ
- Leave to dry for approximately three minutes between coats
- Ready to sand after about 45 min (20 ° C) or 30 min (60 ° C)
- Ready to recoat wet-on-wet after 20 minute drying time
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
Hints concerning application
For smoothing over small unevenness, you can apply the ColorMatic 2K Hi-Speed primer filler up to a layer thickness of approx. 100 µ. For best full drying results, we recommend working with several thin spray applications and a flash off time between the spray passes of approx. 3 minutes.
When stored at cool temperatures, the 2K Hi-Speed primer filler may also be used for several days following activation. Allow to heat to room temperature prior to use (approx. (approx. 20°).
|CM 2K Hi-Speed Grundierfü. 200||200 ml||195327|
|CM 2K Hi-Speed Grundierfü. 500||500 ml||195334|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 21, 2012
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.