Technical information 2K Epoxy Primer Filler
ColorMatic 2K epoxy primer filler is universally applicable to all metallic surfaces such as steel, galvanized steel and aluminium. It has excellent adhesion and corrosion protection properties and adheres well to fibreglass plastics. Once dry, overcoat with polyester products (spatula). It is solvent-based with an epoxy-resin basis. Free of isocyanate.
Ideal for spot repairs and refinishing parts
Click here for a demonstration of the 2 K technology in a video.
Quality and properties
- Excellent adhesion and corrosion protection for steel, galvanized steel and aluminium
- Adheres well to fibreglass
- Once dry, overcoat with polyester products (spatula)
- Long pot life
- Fast drying time
- Very good flow, wet-on-wet application possible
- Easy to sand - wet or dry
- Solvent resistant
- Good insulation against moisture
- Convenient 200 ml can to avoid leftover
- Simple, time-saving application
- Free of isocyanate
- Can be painted with all ColorMatic pre-fill water-based paints and solvents, 1K and 2K topcoats
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: EP
- Colour: beige
- Smell: solvent
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground: 200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,6 m²
bare metal cleaned and sanded, zinc coated metal cleaned and sanded, Aluminium cleaned and sanded, old paints cleaned and sanded, glass-fibre plastic cleanded and sanded
- Temperature resistance: to 90°C
- Storage stability:
24 month if appropriate storage is provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 ml
- VOC-value: 108,6g
- Pot life:
5 days at least (20°C)
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Clean surface with ColorMatic silicone remover no. 174469, then sand
- Primer: one coat about 15 - 20µ
- Filler: two coats, about 50-60µ
- 5 minutes drying time between coats
- Dry (20 ° C) 8 hours or 25 minutes (60 ° C) object temperature
- Wet-on-wet recoating possible after 20 minutes drying time
- The surface has to be sanded and recoated after 7 days
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Shake can well until the audible noise of the mixing balls
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (we recommended type A2/P3)
Hints concerning application
When stored at cool temperatures, the 2K Hi-Speed epoxy primer filler may also be used for several days following activation. Prior to use, heat to room temperature (approx. 20°).
|CM 2K EP Grund.f. HG7 schw.200||200 ml||383618|
|CM 2K Epoxy Grundierfüll. 200||200 ml||231667|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of June 23, 2017
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.