Technical Information Sheet Wheel Spray Silver Chrome
ColorMatic wheel spray silver chrome is a high-gloss effect spray, which leaves smooth surfaces look like chrome. It is weather and abrasion resistant.
For optimum adhesion befor application, prime aluminium wheels with ColorMatic 1K Primer for Aluminium no. 180278. Prime steel wheels with ColorMatic 1K Primer Filler. Important: a very smoot, shiny black undercoat is required to achieve perfect results, (e.g. by applying ColorMatic RAL glossy jet black acrylic spray paint no. 056631)
Ideal for coating new or used car rims, effect dependent on having a smooth, shiny black undercoat
Quality and properties
- High-gloss spray effect: the smooth surface makes it look like chrome
- Simple, time-saving application
- Fast drying time
- Exceptionally high coverage
- Resistant to rocks, salt etc.
- Abrasion resistant
- Robust against damage during automatic car wash
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: chrome silver
- Smell: solvent
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. to 1,5m² or 4 wheels
Thoroughly cleaned, new or second-hand steel or aluminium wheel rim
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: to 150°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
- VOC-value: 304,1g
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Clean surfaces to be painted thoroughly with ColorMatic silicone cleaner no. 174469, then sand
- The area must be dry and free of dust and grease
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray test
- For optimum adhesion before application, prime the aluminium wheels with ColorMatic 1K primer for aluminium no. 180278. Prime steel wheels with ColorMatic 1K primer filler
- Several thin coats (5-6 paint) on a black background with drying period between of 2-3 minutes
- Important: to achieve an optimal effect, a very smooth, shiny black surface is required (e.g. by applying ColorMatic RAL glossy jet black acrylic spray paint no. 856631
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
|CM Felgen- Silberchrom ab.m400||400 ml||696879|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of July 26, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions