Technical information 2K Hi-Speed Clear Coat matt
For high quality matt surfaces. ColorMatic 2K Clear Coat matt offers an extremely scratch-resistance with very high resistance to petrol, UV rays and weathering. Dries quick and has a very good flow.
Ideal for the painting of parts with matt visual appearance.
Click here for a demonstration of the 2 K technology in a video.
Quality and properties
- Special effect coating for tuning parts
- Wheels in high class matt finish
- Coating for plastic parts
- A high-gloss, extremely scratch-resistant 2-component clear coat – highly fuel-resistant, resistant to U.V. rays and weather influences.
- Long pot life
- Fast drying time
- Very good flow
- Convenient 200 ml can to avoid leftover
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: Acrylic
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530)
matt at 2 spraying passes: 20 +/- 10 gloss units (depending on the substrate and numbers of spraying passes)
depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0,3 - 0,4 m²
solvent- and water-based base coats
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 5 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: to 120°C
- Storage stability:
36 month if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
2 components aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 ml
- VOC-value: 94 g
24 hours at room temperature (20 - 25°C)
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Base coatings can be coated with ColorMatic 2K hi-speed clear coat matt once they have dried for 30 minutes (if surface is dust-dry)
- 2-3 full coats, 45µ
- Leave to dry for 3 minutes between coats
- For an optimal coating result bring can to temperature prior to use (20 - 25 °C) and a relative air humidity of 45 - 60%.
Please note: a high air humidity can cause loss of gloss.
Mixing A components with hardener:
- Remove the protection cap from the bottom of the can and pull the pin out fully with the help of the inserted ring. This will release the knife, which will penetrate the wall of the aluminium cartridge.
- The cartridge will then rotate 360 °, be completely open and release the hardener.
- Shake the can vigorously to mix the A components with the hardener in the proper, predetermined ratio.
- Shake can vigorously for 3 minutes
- Carry out spray tests
- Pot life: 24 hours (20 ° C)
Ready-to-use coating materials containing isocyanates can irritate the respiratory system and cause allergic reactions. There is a risk of sensitization with inhalation of vapours and spray mist. When dealing with substances containing isocyanates, you should observe all guidelines for using solvent-based coatings. In particular, spray mist and vapours should not be inhaled. Allergy and asthma sufferers and people who are prone to respiratory diseases should not work with isocyanates materials.• For professional use only• Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
|CM 2K Klarlack matt m.Här. 200||200 ml||375330|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 17, 2020
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.