Technical information 1K Etch Primer
ColorMatic 1K anti-corrosion primer has excellent adhesive properties, especially on polished metal, e.g. steel plate. Active rust protection pigments ensure optimum corrosion protection. Quick drying. Can also be used as a welding primer.
For best possible preparation of metal substrates, use Silicone Remover art.no. 174469 for thorough precleaning.
Application areas:Ideal for spot and part painting
Quality and properties
- 1K acid primer, welder primer
- Can be used for spot repairs and refinishing parts
- Simple, time-saving application
- Fast drying time
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Very good adhesion, especially on bare sanded metal
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of binder: NC
- Colour: red brown
- Smell: solvent
sanded: blank metall, cured paintings, primer for refinishing parts, polyester substrates, aluminium.
- Temperature resistance: to 90 °C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
- VOC value: 270,5g
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- 1-2 coats, when used as a primer
- After airing for 10-50 minutes (20 ° C) with one of the following products can be continued on demand: ColorMatic 1K Fillers, 1K Primer Fillers HG2-HG6, HG8 (not HG1 and HG7!), 2K Hi-speed Primer
- One light coat when used as a welding primer
- Remove all rust damaged area, clean surface thoroughly and sand.
- Area must be dry and free of grease and dust
- Clean undercoat with ColorMatic Silicone Remover no. 174 469
- Shake the can well for 2 minutes
- Carry out test spray
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
Hints concerning application
Bare sheet metal pretreated with ColorMatic 1K anti-corrosion primer can thus be protected against rust attack. This is of interest especially for workshops using repair sheet metal.
|CM 1K- Korrosion.rotbraun 400||400 ml||756818|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 19, 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.