Technical Information 2K Spray Putty
Two component spray putty on basic of polyester for filling of large sand scratches, pores and other unevenness at the same time.
Quality and properties
- ColorMatic 2K spray putty is perfect for filling pores and other imperfections as well as rough sanding scratches at the same time
- Compared to conventional putties, it lets you continue with your work quickly
- For use on bare steel, on old paint layers and glass-reinforced plastic
- Not for use on thermoplastic acrylates
- ColorMatic 2K spray putty can be diluted up to 5% with a nitro thinner. The dry film will become more flexible
Physical and chemical data
- Basic: Polyester resin with mineral filler material
- Colour: beige
- Smell: Styrol
- Form: soft, thixotrop
- Pot life/workability time at 20°C: max. 40 minutes
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Grindable after approx. 120 minutes
- Flash point:
approx. 33°C (putty); for hardener not applicable
- Coat thickness: 500 to 800 µ
- Concentration at 20°C:
Putty material 1,8 kg/dm³
Hardener 1,15 g/cm³
- Hardener addition: 2 %
- Temperature-resistant of the cured material: to 160°C
- Storage stability:
9 month if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in unopened bundle. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
Putty material: small ring cans
Hardener: plastic tubes
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Rust should be removed from the surface to be levelled and it should be clean, dry, and free of grease
- Take the required amount of material from the pack and mix thoroughly with the appropriate amount of hardener according to the specified ratio
- Apply with a spray gun only
- Spraying several layers is possible without sanding in between
- Spray pressure: 2-4 bars
- Nozzle size: 1.8 to 3.00 mm.
- Clean equipment immediately after use, wash off putty with nitro thinner if necessary
- Do not put the mixture back in the tin.
- Before applying the top coat, paint with a 2K primer e.g. ColorMatic 2K hi-speed primer filler no. 190 315 to avoid blisters
Note: Do not apply directly onto galvanized surfaces. Apply a suitable zinc primer beforehand such as ColorMatic 1K primer for zinc no. 190285
The surface can be drilled into, sanded, sawed, filed and painted after about 20 minutes.
|CMP Spritzfüller 1500g||1,500 KG||702525|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of May 4, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.