Technical Information pre-fill System water-based
The ColorMatic pre-fill spray paint can is prefilled with propellant and specific additives and then filled by VitoMat filling machines with the desired coat. Innovative spray and valve technology guarantee the fine broad jet atomisation, a high application rate and constant pressure for best workmanship and professional-quality end results.
The ColorMatic water-based pre-fill system offers a large selection of prefilled spray paint for almost all manufacturers’ water-based coating systems.
Ideal for spot repairs or refinishing parts
Quality and properties
- A spray can pre-filled with propellants and specific additives. The water-based coat is transferred into the can by a filling device, producing a ready-to-use end product
- High coverage
- Simple, time-saving application
- Excellent atomisation
- Light blending
- Suitable for filling with all ColorMatic filling machines
- The dealer adds the desired coat colour and is, therefore, liable for the final product
Ideal for spot repairs
Physical and chemical data
- Colour: depending on filling
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: it is necessary to re-coat basecoats with 2K clear coat. After the varnishing with clear coat the basecoat is featured with an excellent weather- and chemical resistance and a everlasting gloss.
Depending of consistence and colour of the substrate
Depending on the colour of the substrate apply Primer Filler HG1 - HG8, ColorMatic Plastic Primer, Art.-Nr. 856 563, ColorMatic 1K Primer for Alu, art.-no. 190278, ColorMatic 1K Primer for Zinc, art.-no. 190285, ColorMatic 1K Epoxy Primer, art.-no. 174414, ColorMatic 1K Filler, art.-no. 856556 + 874987, ColorMatic 2K Hi-Speed Primer Filler, art.no. 195327
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
The drying time depends on the ambient temperature, the air humidity, the applied paint thickness and the filled type of paint (refer to information of the paint manufacturer)
- Storage: empty cans: 5 years
Filled cans: WB-A to WB-F, WB-H: within one week
WB-G: within 4 days.
WB-I: within 3 days, depending on colour up to 10 days
If appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml, filling quantity 100ml
- VOC-value: 216g
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Pre-treat undercoat with a basecoat as usual and clean with ColorMatic silicone cleaner no. 174469
- Shake can vigorously for 2 minutes
- Carry out spray tests
- Base cats must be coated with ColorMatic 2K hi-speed clear coat gloss no. 187216, or satin no. 231650
- Surface can be re-coated after 30 min drying-time
2-3 full coats, 50µ
- Leave to dry for 2 minutes between coats
- For professional use only
- Wear an appropriate respirator (recommended type A2/P3)
Overview paint manufacturers
*Pay attention to manufacturer's instructions/ Angaben des Lackherstellers beachten
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 30, 2017
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions