Technical Information Polystyrene Primer
DUPLI-COLOR Polystyrene Primer forms a separating layer between polystyrene surfaces and subsequent coating with solvent-based lacquers.
After using this protective primer you can lacquer the object with any DUPLI-COLOR synthetic, nitro-combi or acrylic spray paint.
Indispensable for stand constructors, decorators etc., but also for handicraft work at home or in courses and seminars.
Quality and properties
- "Netting" Primer which creates a barricade between polystyrene and dissolving, solvent-based paints
- Good flow, smooth surface
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: high-grade special resin
- Colour: beige
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.2 - 0.3 m³
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 - 0.8 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable after approx. 3 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: not applicable
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can for approx. 2 minutes.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 20 cm several thin cross-coats. To achieve a sufficient protection, we recommend to apply at least 3 cross-coats.
- In order to grant an optimal protection, it is necessary to have an all-over coating without gaps.
- Apply an additional cross-coat onto rough, open polystyrene surfaces, especially cut and waste edges.
- After drying you may apply any DUPLI-COLOR top coat you desire. Apply the first paint layer in a light, nebular way.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Styroporgrundierung 150||150 ml||720765|
|Styroporgrundierung 400||400 ml||707278|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 5, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.