Technical Information platinum Universal Primer
This primer for universal use grants the excellent adhesion of the following coating with DUPLI-COLOR PLATINUM and all other DUPLI-COLOR synthetic or acrylic spray paints. Suitable for the most different surfaces, such as wood and metal, glass, ceramics, eternite, carton, paper etc.
For coatable hard plastics please use the DUPLI-COLOR PLASTIC PRIMER.
Quality and properties
High-grade nitro-combi quality
Especially high filling power
Very good flow, smooth surface
Protects from corrosion
Promotes best adhesion of the top coat on the subsoil
Optimizes the gloss of the top coat
Grants the economical application of the top coat
Especially user-friendly due to durable quality, which is easy to apply and easy to sand and re-coat
For indoor and outdoor applications
Tamper-proof cap avoids unauthorized use
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro- combi resin
- Colour: grey
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss: (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Overworkable: after approx. 2 - 4 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature resistance: not applicable
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Remove rust and dirt.
- Sand down remainders of old paint and remove dust.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat.
- Mask off areas not to be painted
Applying the primer:
- Shake cans for 2-3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Apply several thin coats in 2 minute intervals
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm.
- Little dents and eventually existing porous putty surfaces can be egalized by repeated application of thin primer coats. After drying (approx. 2-4 hours) sand down with sandpaper (grain 600), clean the surface and let it dy.
- Afterwards apply the top coat.
- Coatable with DUPLI-COLOR platinum and all other DUPLIC-COLOR synthetic or acrylic lacquers.
- Do not spray over synthetic lacquers!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Platinum Grundierung grau 400||400 ml||111891|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.