Technical Information Aerosol-Art
For numerous application possibilities. Special spray system, which is even used by famous graffiti artists. A broad range of the best-selling colours, mainly matching to RAL. Also available as clear coat.
Suitable for wood, metal, paper, glass or paintable hard plastics as well as for many textiles. Also applicable for the designing of finery, concrete and natural stone.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion on many surfaces
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Polishable surface
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80 gloss units
satin matt: 30-35 gloss units
matt: 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8-1.5 m² depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 2 hours
Can be polished after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Remove residues of old paintings and rust, then sand and prime if necessary. Let dry for 1 - 2 hours.
- Use DUPLI-COLOR Pastic Primer on plastic parts.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot to check colour-matching and compatibility of the lacquer.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm several thin coats.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of September 27, 2012
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.