Technical Information Platinum Colors
With this spray paint, which offers an extremely high coverage and quick drying, DUPLI-COLOR is setting new standards. Due to wide spectrum of possible applications, this products offers a variety of new opportunities for design and handicraft works.
Our premium spray paint range DUPLI-COLOR platinum comprises more than 40 satin matt and 10 high gloss shades for indoors and outdoors applications. These lacquers are excellently suitable for all DIY and handicraft works on wood, coatable hard plastics, wallpapers, canvas, metal or glass.
Test our Sprayhead Set platinum (art.no. 723087). With the use of different sprayheads you can vary with the spray distance and the spray width from very fine to wide for big areas.
Quality and properties
- Extremely quick-drying, high-grade special lacquer
- Extraordinary good coverage and high efficiency: depending on colour up to double as efficient as a conventional spray paint
- A well-balanced pressure-system allows the use of other, replaceable sprayheads, which are available as separate set packagings
- Light-fast, non-yellowing
- High surface hardness
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- No "runs"
- Nealy no spray mist
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: special combination of resins
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 70-90 gloss units
satin matt: 10-50 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 - 0.8 m² depending on colour
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 - 2.0 m² depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 1 - 3 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 10 minutes
Cured: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove rust and dirt.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Egalise uneven surfaces (fill, sand).
- If necessary, prime with DUPLI-COLOR Universal Primer
- To improve adhesion on plastic parts, we recommend to apply DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake the can for approx. 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching and compatibility.
- Apply from several thin cross-coats in 2 minute intervals.
- Spray distance with the standard sprayhead approx. 25 cm.
- If a glossy surface is desired, it is possible to apply a clear top coat with DUPLI-COLOR platinum Zapon Spray.
- Do not apply on synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 11, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.