Technical Information Vintage Spray
DUPLI-COLOR Vintage Spray is a chalk-effect spray for decoration purposes. It makes a mat finish. In the fields of decoration, furnishing, design, restauration or interior fittings more beautiful living is actually connected with the orientation to weathered shabby chic. Whether vitrines, chests, pictures frames, tables, decorative objects, suitcases or caskets - they all are trimmed to an individual old or used look.
Quality and properties
- Environmentally friendly with low sovent content
- Less spray mist, therefore pleasant usage even indoors
- Not only for indoor, but als suitable for outdoor applications
- Suitable for use on polystyrene
- Flaws made during spraying can be corrected within 10 minutes after application. Within this space time the "open" paint layer can be washed off with water and soap.
- Available in many colours
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylic, waterbased
- Colour: different
- Smell: Alcohol
- Degree of gloss: (at measurment angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530)
mat: <10 gloss units
Depending on condition and colour of the ground,
400 ml are sufficient for 1.0 - 1.4 m²
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 20 minutes
Coatable: after approx 10 minutes
Sanding: after approx 20 minutes
Final surface hardness is reached after 12 hours.
The drying time depends of temperature of surroundings, air humidity and thickness of the applied layer.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
4 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%).
- Contents: aerosol cans with max. nominal volume of 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The surface must be clean, absolutely fat-free and dry.
- Remove loose parts.
- In spite of low formation of spray mist, we recommend to protect the surrounding area.
- If necessary, remove or sand old paint layers.
- Shake can for approx. 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- The optimal distance to spray is approx. 25 cm.
- Spray several thin layers in 2 minute intervals.
- After spraying turn the can upside down and press sprayhead to empty the valve.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 26, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.