Technical Information Hammerfinish Spray
Typical hammer finish look for finishing as well as to cover unevennesses on surfaces of toolboxes, metal furniture, workshop equipment, in metalworking industry and machine construction.
Suitable for metal, glass, stone, many coatable hard plastics etc.
As adhesion promoter for plastics use the DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer art.no. 557163.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- Very good coverage: hides small surface unevennesses due to distinct hammer finish effect
- Excellent adhesion on many surfaces
- Suitable for finishing and repair of indoors and outdoors objects.
- Resistant to diluted cleansers
- High resistance to light, weather and water
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
Physikalische und chemische Daten
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable due to structured surface
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 m² depending on colour
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
Cured: after approx. 60 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, touch-up pencils: 5 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
Aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Remove residues of old paintings and rust.
- Slightly sand and prime if necessary.
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and fat-free.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test colour of spray and compatibility of the lacquer at an invisible spot.
- Spray a thin coat from a distance of approx. 25 cm. Then repeat to spray one or two more thin layers in 1 minute intervals.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.