Technical Information Neon
DUPLI-COLOR Neon Spray: fluorescent colours for professional decoration work: Shop window design, booth construction, store furnishing, outdoor decorations, demo exhibits etc.
Suitable for: Metal, wood, glass, ceramic, polystyrene, eternite, concrete, stone, paper, cardboard, coatable hard plastics, flowers etc.
Quality and properties
- High-grade acrylic quality
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion on many surface
- Also suitable for polystyrene
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Resistant to wipint
- Limited light-proof and UV-resistant. The intensity of luminosity decreases by-and-by. With a clear varnish coating you can delay this effect a bit.
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylic copolymeres
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: 5-10 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.3 - 0.4 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.8 - 1.0 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable: after approx. 1 - 2 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: touch up pencils 12 ml; aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- Remove rust and dirt.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Apply a white primer, e.g. DUPLI-COLOR Primer white. (Not if used on polystyrene!)
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of 12-15 cm several thin coats.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 25, 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.