Technical Information Granit Spray
Decorating spray for identical granit-look. DUPLI-COLOR Granit is suitable for interior and exterior use. For weather-resistance the assortment includes a special clear coat, art.no. 659188.
DUPLI-COLOR Granit is applicable on every surface; wood, metal, glass, ceramics, porcelain, paper, cardboard, stone, plastics and even on expanded polystyrene.
For optimal adhesion to the ground a suitable primer is necessary.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: plastics quality, water-based
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt, not measurable due to structured surface
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.2 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.4 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 1 hour
Dry to touch: after approx. 24 hours
Can be coated: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 200 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- When applying light Granit Style colours on dark surfaces pre-coat a light primer, for example DUPLI-COLOR Universal Primer art.no. 325021.
- Plastic objects are recommended to be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer.
- If necessary slightly sand surface. Remove the dust from smoothing.
- The surface must be clean, absolutely free of grease and dry.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Shake the can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spraying distance approx. 30 cm several thin coats at 2 minute intervals.
- To seal and protect the granite structure it is necessary to coat after drying (24 hrs.) with DUPLI-COLOR Granit Style clear lacquer or one of the below mentioned varnishes (especially at exterior use), e. g.:
- with the quick-drying DUPLI-COLOR Cristal Spray, glossy or matt
- with polystyrene-resistant DUPLI-COLOR Deco Matt clear lacquer
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.