Technical Information Metallic
DUPLI-COLOR Metallic Spray is a quick-drying lacquer with special effect pigments. It can be used on nearly all kinds of surfaces, such as metal, wood stone, glass, ceramics, paper, carton and on coatable hard plastics after pretreatment with DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer art.no. 557163. Ideal for the paint of objects for indoors and outdoors use.
High-grade acrylic quality. The colour silver is also available in synthetic quality.
Quality and properties
- High-grade acrylic nitrocombi quality
- Very good coverage
- Durable gloss
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Limited resistance to petrol
- After coating with clear lacquer weather-resistant
- Very good colour retention (light-proof, non-yellowing)
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- High surface hardness and good elasticity
- Can be polished after coating with 2-coat clear lacquer
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylic-nitrocombi, silver dto. resp. alkyd resin
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt: 40-45 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
12 ml are sufficient for little spots
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable with clear lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: touch-up pencils 12 ml, aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 200 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Clean underground from dirt, fat and rust.
- Treat existing pore rust with presto Deruster.
- Generously mask off the repair spot. Larger surfaces should be masked off at creases and edges of the car body, too.
- Fill and sand uneven surfaces. If there is no putty necessary, apply DUPLI-COLOR Primer. Otherwise apply DUPLI-COLOR Filler Spray on the fine-sanded putty layer.
- Smooth the thoroughly dried Filler layer by wet-sanding (sandpaper P1000).
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching.
- The spray distance should be approx. 20-30 cm.
- Spray the metallic lacquer in 3 - 5 minute intervals several thin coats onto the dry repair spot.
- Metallic paints have to be sealed after 30 minutes drying time with clear lacquer. Otherwise the aluminium parts in the lacquer will be attacked by environmental and weathering influences.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.