Technical Information Structure Spray
With this high-performance lacquer you'll achieve a special, rough texture in miscellaneous colour shades. DUPLI-COLOR Structure Effect is suitable for customising all kinds of car parts and for the repair and restructuring of repaired resp. filled plastic parts.
If desired, it is possible to coat afterwards with any DUPLI-COLOR Acrylic Spray, for example DUPLI-COLOR Auto-Color or RAL-Acrylic.
For home decoration and handicrafts on metal, wood, glass, stone, ceramics, cardboards and many coatable hard plastics.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi qualiy
- Special, rough texture
- Satin gloss
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion
- Suitable for painting and repair of indoors and outdoors objects
- Excellent colour retention: weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Excellently re-coatable
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt, not measurable due to rough texture
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Coatable with Structure Spray: at any time
Coatable with other top coats: after 3 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Clean underground from dirt and fat.
- Derust metals.
- On plastic parts always use DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer; on other surfaces use DUPLI-COLOR Primer or Universal Primer.
- Fill and sand uneven surfaces. Before that, generously mask off the repair spot. Larger surfaces should be masked off at creases and edges of the car body, too.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Before use, shake the can vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Test spray to check colour-matching and compatibility.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 cm several thin coats in 3 -5 minute intervals.
- Earliest after 3 hours drying time it is possible to apply any DUPLI-COLOR top coat. Depending on thicknes of the applied coat, the intensity of the achieved structure can degrease.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Struktur anthrazit 400||400 ml||693687|
|Struktur schwarz matt 400||400 ml||695995|
|Struktur silber 400||400 ml||693656|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.