Technical Information Silver Chrome
DUPLI-COLOR Silver Chrome is a high-glossy effect spray, that gives a look similar to chrome to smooth surfaces. Due to the new quality, which is resistant to abrasion and to weathering, the spray can be used to paint outdoor objects.
Suitable for all smooth surfaces, for the design of all kinds of decorative objects where a very high degree of gloss is desired.
The optimal effect will be achieved on a black ground, e.g. by priming with DUPLI-COLOR Effect Primer black art.no. 674846.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: special resin combination
- Colour: silver-metallic glossy
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: value of the metallic effect not measurable
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m² (covering layer)
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 1 hour
Cured: after approx. 12 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 150°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of 25 cm several thin coats.
- Between the layers let lift off for 5 minutes, then apply the next layer. Repeat this till the desired effect is achieved.
- Remark: In order to achieve the effect, a very smooth surface is necessary. Uneven surfaces should be filled, sanded and primed with a black primer, in order to grant an optimal result.
- If a primer, e.g. DUPLI-COLOR Effect Primer black is used, this has to dry for at least one hour, before the application of the effect top coat. A black grond is the basis and condition for an excellent Silver Chrome Effect.
- Prime coatable plastics generally with Plastic Primer.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|SILVER CHROME 400||400 ml||674778|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.