Technical Information 3-D-Effect
DUPLI-COLOR 3-D Spray changes the colour depending upon exposion to light and perspective of the viewer. The obtained effect depends very strongly on colour and condition of the ground. Best effects will be achieved on dark undergrounds, e.g. DUPLI-COLOR Effect Primer black.
Embellish and arrange picture frames, flower arrangements, balls, gifts and much more. Suitable for glass, ceramic, stone, metals as well as all surfaces, which are painted with acrylic or nitro lacquers. Also suitable for wood (being primed or painted). If you wish resistance against the weather, a protecting clear lacquer is essential (e. g. DUPLI-COLOR Zapon Spray or 2-Coat Clear Lacquer).
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitro-combi quality
- The effect very strong depends on colour and consistence of the ground. Most effective on dark surfaces.
- Depending on light influence and position of viewer the effect changes the colour.
- Transparent, therefore versatile use
- Very efficient
- Very high degree of gloss
- Excellent adhestion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- After coating with clear lacquer weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Nitro-combi
- Colour: transparent, with coloured pigments
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, due to rough surface
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 20 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Coatable with clear lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- If necessary, apply a coat of paint
- Best effect will be achieved on dark ground.
- Cover areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 30 cm several thin coats on the clean and dry surface, until the desired effect is achieved.
- After 30 minutes overspray with DUPLI-COLOR Acrylic Clear Lacquer (e.g. Zapon-Spray),
- A protective coat of clear lacquer is absolutely necessary to protect the glittering parts, to make the surface smooth and resistant and to give a durable gloss.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.