Technical Information Frozen Glass Effect
DUPLI-COLOR Frozen Glass Effect gives a look like iced resp, “milky” glass to transparent objects, e.g. glass, windows, vases, mirrors, paintable plastics.
The spray has best effect on transparent surfaces. The specific feature is that the object remains translucent. Whether the surface is entirely or only partially coated – the individual touch can be varied by the number of applied layers. Special attractive motifs you achieve by using stencils or by masking off patterns with masking tape.
Plastic objects have to be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Plastic Primer.
Quality and properties
- High-grade, white-transparent acrylic lacquer
- Very efficient
- Transparent (translucent)
- After drying (24 hours) heat-resistant up to 90°C
- The painting is insensitive to water and window cleansing agents
- Can be removed easily with alcohol or solvent
- It is possible to take off the paint from even surfaces with a plastic scraper
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: acrylate co-polymeres
- Colour: white-matt-transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt, not measurable due to structured surface
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.0 - 2.0 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 5 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 90°C
- Storage stability:
10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The surface must be clean, absolutely fat-free and dry.
- Cover the surfaces not to be painted.
- Shake can for 3 minutes, test spray.
- The optimal distance is approx. 25 cm.
- Spray several thin coats.
- Do not spray on surfaces lacquered with synthetic paint!
- To improve scratch-resistance it is possible to apply a coat of DUPLI-COLOR Zapon Spray. Please consider, that by this the effect becomes more translucent!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Milchglas-Effekt 150 ml||150 ml||263231|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.