- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Prepare the ground by painting with a 1K acrylic or NC-lacquer (no synthetic paint!).
All at the beginning mentioned product series were tested.
- It is necessary to apply at least two cross-coats, in order to get a certain layer thickness, which cares for the optimal creation of the effect. The more layers of paint, the more distinctive the subsequent forming of cracks.
- Let the coats dry for approx. 45 minutes.
Application of the Crackle Effect, which forms the cracks
- The best result will be achieved, if you apply the Crackle Spray within 72 hours on the coloured spray paint (acrylic or NC).
- Shake can for 3 minutes.
- If you apply thin coats (spray at least two deep layers) a fine structure will be created. Thicker coats lead to a rougher crack structure.
- Spray from a distance of 10 - 15 cm
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
More layers of both sprays will lead to more distinctive effect structures.
- To get a long-lasting protection of the effect painting, we recommend to seal it durably with a 1K acrylic or NC Clear Coat or with the 2K Super Clear Coat.
- Transparent surfaces or glass containers keep partially their transparency, if you apply before on the surfaces DUPLI-COLOR Zaponspray or RAL Acryl Clear Coat as a basecoat.