Technical Information Magnetic Paint
DUPLI-COLOR Blackboard Paint is a special effect brush paint. With this lacquer you create a surface, which you can write on with chalk.
For application on smooth indoor surfaces, e.g. walls, doors, furniture etc.
Can be applied on wood, metal, paintable plastics, smooth wallpapers, masonry, finery, concrete.
Quality and properties
- High-quality acrylate dispersion
- Environmental-friendly due to waterbased formulation
- Less bad odour
- Good coverage
- Ease of handling
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: acrylate dispersion
- Colour: black
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt, not measurable due to rough texture
Depending on consistence and color of the ground and coat thickness you need per m² approx. 125 ml of paint.
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 2 hours
Coatable. after at least 12 hours drying time
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Best working temperature and object temperatur:
- Cleaning of tools: with water
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from frost!
- Size: metal tins 0,375 litre - 0,750 litre
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- Make the surface free from loose flakes of old paintings, rust and fat.
- Apply putty to fill small cracks.
- The surface should be as smooth as possible, absolutely dry and clean.
- Carefully mask areas you want to protect from paint splatters.
- By applying a suitable primer you can improve the adhesion of the paint.
- Prepare paintable plastics with a Plastic Primer.
- Before application, carefully stir up the paint
- Temperature of the object and surrounding temperature should be at least +7°C.
- Apply with a brush or a roller.
- For the basic coat thin the blackboard paint down with 5 ml of water to 100 ml lacquer (5 %).
- For the 2nd layer (final coat) apply the unthinned blackboard paint.
- After each coating: when the surface is dry, slightly sand and remove the abrasive dust.
|DC Schultafel-Farbe grün 375||375 ml||446429|
|DC Schultafel-Farbe grün 750||750 ml||446436|
|DC Schultafel-Farbe schwarz375||375 ml||368103|
|DC Schultafel-Farbe schwarz750||750 ml||368110|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of September 5, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.