Technical Information Model Paint Polyurethane Clear Lacquer
Model Paint Polyurethane Clear Coat is a special high gloss clear lacquer particularly resistant to fuels used in motorised models (aircraft, cars, ships). For application on many different surfaces - wood, metal, paper, glass, stone, coatable plastics (not polystyrene) or on existing paints which may not be sufficiently resistant to fuel (there might be a slight effect on the original colour by the clear lacquer's own colour).
For priming plastic parts on models, we recommend MODEL PAINT PLASTIC PRIMER.
Quality and properties
- Highly resistant to fuels, which are used in model making
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Durable high gloss
- Good flow for even surfaces
- Scratch-, bump- and shock-proof
- Extremely weather-resistant
- Long durability and functionality
- Excellent adhesion on many surfaces
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: polyurethane-modified alkyd resin
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80 - 85 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 30 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 3 hours
Cured. after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- If necessary, sand, clean and degrease the surface and let it dry.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- The can should have room temperature.
- Mask off areas not to be painted
- Shake the can for approx. 3 minutes.
- Test compatibility of the spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray in 2 minute intervals several thin coats.
- Spray from a distance of approx. 25 - 30 cm.
- Can be coated within 2 hours or earliest after 24 hours.
- Do not coat with an acrylic paint, not even after drying!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|MODEL PAINT PU Klarlack 150||150 ml||685279|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of January 7, 2010
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.