Technical Information Chrome-/Gold-/Cooper Spray
This high-gloss effect spray gives a long-term look similar to polished gold resp. chrome or copper to smooth surfaces. Not weather-resistant. Not resistant to abrasion, therefore not suitable to spray on objects for daily use.
Suitable for all smooth surfaces like metal, wood, glass and many coatable plastics. Indispensable for constructors of fair booths, decorators, florists etc., but also for handicrafts at home, in courses and seminars.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylate co-polymeres
- Colour: gold, chrome resp. copper
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
not measurable, >100
Depending on consistence and colour of the ground:
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 m²
200 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.6 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.2 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 60 minutes
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 150 ml, 200 ml or 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from rust and fat.
- Absorbant surfaces have to be primed with DUPLI-COLOR Universal Primer
- Mask off areas not to be painted.
- Before use, shake can for 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Spray from a distance of 20 - 30 cm.
- Spray in 2 minute intervals several thin coats.
- Important: Due to technical reasons it is not possible to conserve the excellent high gloss. A coating with clear lacquer would etch the effect painting. The only possibility to renew the gloss is to apply a new coat of the effect spray.
- Do not spray over surfaces which are painted with synthetic resin lacquer!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 29, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.