Technical Information Heat-resistant Spray
To renovate, repair and embellish objects which are exposed to high heat, such as barbecues, stoves, stovepipes, lampshades etc.
Advise for applicaton on barbecues:
Painted surfaces should not get in contact with barbecue food!
Charcoal tanks can achieve temperatures, which exceed the maximum temperature-resistance of the spray!
Available in 5 colours, which are resistant up to 300°C - 690°C.
Quality and properties
- High heat-resistance:
black and silver up to 690°C
grey up to 600°C
white up to 500°C red up to 300°C
- High coverage and filling power
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: silicone resin
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
matt: 5-10 gloss units
colour silver not measurable (metallic)
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.5 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dry to touch: after 60 minutes
Temperature-resistant and resilient: after 1 more hour of tempering at approx. 160°C
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
black, silver: up to 690°C
grey: up to 600°C
white: up to 500°C
red: up to 300°C
- Storage stability:
Aerosols: 10 years, if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Remove loose flakes of old paintings, de-rust and sand.
- The surface has to be clean, dry and fat-free.
- Do not prime! Best results will be achieved on the blank metal.
- Cover areas not to painted.
- Before use, shake can for 2 minutes.
- Test colour and compatibility with the surface at an invisible spot.
- Spray several thin coats in 2 minute intervals.
- Spray distance should be approx. 25 cm.
- Best results will be achieved during surrounding temperature of approx. 20°C.
- Let dry for 1 hour.
- Then temper for approx. 1 hour (160°C) to cure the paint. Hereby you have to reckon with formation of smoke and unpleasant odour. Care for sufficient ventilation.
- The thinner the coat of paint, the better the temperature-resistance will be.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Hitzefest gußgrau 600°C 400||400 ml||159107|
|Hitzefest rot 300C 400||400 ml||467554|
|Hitzefest schwarz 690C 400||400 ml||467523|
|Hitzefest silber 690C 400||400 ml||467530|
|Hitzefest weiß 300C 400||400 ml||467547|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of August 20, 2015
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.