Technical Information Clear Varnish, water-based
For ecology-minded spraying and lacquering. Quick-drying, transparent acrylic clear coat on water base, 90 % solvent reduced.
Ideal for nursery, school, hobby and leisure for the colourless protection and lacquering of many DIY works on most different materials (wood, paper, cardboard, ceramics, plastics, glass, metal, stone, clay, self-hardening modelling clays, wickerwork and many other natural materials, even for polystyrene). Use according to DIN EN 71-3 and therefore suitable for the coating of toys.
Quality and properties
- High-quality acrylic lacquer, waterbased
- Less spray mist, therefore pleasant usage even indoor
- Suitable for polystyrene
- Less odour of solvent
- Hard-wearing, resiliant surfaces
- According to DIN EN 71-3 suitable for the painting of toys; saliva-proof
- Flaws made during the spraying can be corrected within 20 - 25 minutes after application. Within this space of time the „open“ paint layer can be washed off with water and soap.
- Also suitable for outdoor applications
- Self-cleaning valve
- Available as high gloss and matt clear coat.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: Acrylic, water-based
- Appearance/smell: transparent / slight solvent odour
- Degree of gloss (measuring angle 60° after DIN 67530):
High gloss: 80 gloss units
Matt: <15 gloss units
Depending on condition of the ground
150 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.4 - 0.8 m²
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.1 - 2.2 m²
- Drying (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after 15-20 minutes
Dry to touch: after 2 hours
Cured after 24 hours
The final surface hardnes is achieved after approx. 5 days. During this period the painted object should not be exposed to permanent wetness.
- Disposal: Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Storage stability:
4 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%).
Sedimentation: has not been noticed.
- Content: Aerosol can with max. nominal volume 150 ml resp. 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The surface has to be clean, absolutely free from fat and dry.
- Mask off areas not to be painted! In spite of low formation of spray mist, we recommend to protect the surrounding area.
- Let dry previous paint coats for at least 24 hrs.
- Shake the can for approx. 3 minutes.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- The optimal spray distance is approx. 25 cm.
- Spray several thin coats in 2 minute intervals.
- The water-based spray should not be applied during temperatures lower than 15°C, as this might delay drying time.
- Depending on weather conditions: dust-dry after approx. 15 min., dry to touch after approx. 2 hrs., fully dried after 24 hrs., in case of good adherence resistant to wiping and weatherproof after 5 days.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Firnis wasserbasie. gl. 150||150 ml||319792|
|Firnis wasserbasie. gl. 400||400 ml||319808|
|Firnis wasserbasie. matt 150||150 ml||319778|
|Firnis wasserbasie. matt 400||400 ml||319785|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
Status: February 8, 2013
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.