Technical Information Acrylic 2in1 Paint
DUPLI-COLOR acrylic-based 2in1 paint is low-odour, water-dilutable, resistant and fast drying top coat. It enables paintings in the highest possible quality.
The Clear Lacquer in this series is high transparent and ideal suitable as gloss coat on already painted surfaces.
The paint is excellently suitable for all paintable surfaces like wood, metal, stone, plaster, rigid plastic, zinc etc. and bearing old coats.
Quality and properties
- Usable for indoor- and outdoor-applications
- Shock- and impact-resistant
- Good adhesion
- Weather- und lightproof
- Colour stable
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylate dispersion on base of water
- Colour: miscellanous
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin gloss and matt
per 125 ml can: approx. 1,5 m²
per 250 ml can: approx. 3 m²
per 750 ml can: approx. 9 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after 3-4 hours
Coatable after 12 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the ground.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
Object temperature min. +5°C
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with warm water and if necessry with a cleaner?
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 125 ml, 250 ml and 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be dry, clean and free from fat and rust.
- Remove old flaking paintings which are not bearing.
- Sand surface and prime with DUPLI-COLOR Aqua Universal Primer, rough wood with wood impregnating ground and metal with Rust Protection Primer.
- Before application, always carefully stir up the paint
- Temperature of the object and surrounding temperature should be at least +??°C
- Working with brush, roll or airless spray
- Apply 1-2 final coats depending on wear.
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 23, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.