Technical Information 2K Garage Floor Paint
DUPLI-COLOR 2K Garage Floor Paint is a seal coat for protection and decoration of concrete floor surfaces exposed to moderate, medium heavy mechanical and chemical wear, e.g. garages, laboratories, warehouses, production facilities. Protection of wall surfaces that are exposed to moisture, chemicals and stronger chemical loads. It can be used for protection and decoration of walls and floors covered with ceramic tiles.
Quality and properties
- no intense odour
- dry film is resistant to abrasion and resistant to the effects of water and chemicals
- excellent adhesion the substrate
- easy to clean and maintain by washing
- has a short curing time
- creates a barrier to CO2
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: epoxy-coating, water-thinnable
- Smell: neutral
Depending on thickness of layer
6 kg are sufficient von 15m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
dust-dry: after 10-12 hours
walkable (for pedestrians): after approx. 24 hours
fully hardened: after 7 days
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the ground.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with water
- Storage stability:
2 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C and over 25°C.
- Size: 6 kg tin containers (component A = 4,6 kg and component B (hardener) = 1,4 kg
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Stir well the component A.
- After that give the component B to the component A and mix it with an electric stirring gear at low speed (max. 400 turns/min.)
- Smaller quantities can be mixed manually.
- Give little by little water (approx. 10% on the mixture) into the homogenious mixture.
- For thoroughly mixing, fill the mixture into another container and mix it again well.
- Mixing ratio (per cent by weight): component A : component B - 74.1 : 25.9 (100 : 35)
- Pot life: 90 min. at standard conditions.
- Apply with a short-haired roller or by spraying (airless device)
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 21, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.