Technical Information Radiator Paint
DUPLI-COLOR Radiator Paint satin matt is a water-thinnable special paint for the coating of cast iron or metal radiators and hot water pipes with a good coverage. It is heat-resistant up to 100°C and has good covering of edges.
Quality and properties
- ease of handling
- less odour
- good colour retention
- resistant to yellowing
- temperature resistant up to 100°C
- very good coverage
- good covering of edges
- for inside and outside
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Acrylate dispersion, water-based
- Colour: white
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
per 750 ml can: 10 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 2 hours
Coatable after 12 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and layer thickness.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
Object temperature min. +5°C
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with warm water and if necessary with a cleanser
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be bearing, dry, clean and free from fat and rust.
- Remove cement slurry, limescale, oxid layers or release agents without residues.
- Remove old flaking paintings which are not bearing.
- Working temperature of object and surroundings is min. 5°C
- This product can be applied with tools for waterbased laquers.
- Before application, always carefully stir up the paint
- Brush, roll or spray (adjust to spray viscosity)
- New coating: prime with an acrylic rust primer, top coat with this radiator paint. Between the working steps and areas slightly.
- Renovation coating: sand and clean good adhering old coatings. Test compatibility of the radiator paint on a small spot. Then appy 1 - 2 coats of this radiator paint.
- After every coat heat up radiators shortly to max. temperature.
- Do not allow contact to plasticised synthetic materials.
- Clean the tools immediately after use with warm water and soap.
For an optimal result:
- Begin to brush at edges and cants. Use an flat oder radiator brush.
- Then application in cross-coat or in pathways.
- Between the single layers consider a drying time of 12 hours.
|Heizkörperlack weiss 750||750 ml||168673|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 11, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.