Technical Information Zinc Powder Paint
DUPLI-COLOR Zinc Powder Paint is a thick film corrosion protection for handicraft and industry. Suitable for steel, zinc coated steel parts, copper, aluminium such as piping, metal facades, hall constructions, street lamps, balustrades etc.
Quality and properties
- high-solid coating product
- low in solvents
- high corrosion-protections even on hand-derusted steel
- brittleness stable and stable to chalking
- good colour retention (even in chemical aggressive atomosphere)
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Zinc powder paint with 99,5 % zinc in the dry film
- Colour: graphite-grey
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
appox. 240 - 300 g per paint coat per m², depending on layer thickness. For an exact calculation we recommend a trial coating.
- Drying time (at 20°C, 60% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 4-5 hours
Dry to touch: after approx. 10 hours
Coatable after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature and air humidity.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
Object temperature min. 5°C
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with zinc cleaner
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 250 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- Remark: test compatibility with existing old paintings by a sample coating. Depending on method of application there may occur colour differences.
- Suitable grounds are bearing, dry, rust-free and clean surfaces, which are free from releasing substances. We recommend to consider the VOB, part C, DIN 18363.
- Zinc Powder Paint is adjusted brushable.
- Before use, carefully stir up.
- In order to achieve the high layer thickness, apply undiluted.
- Optimal layer thickness will be achieved by brushing.
- Hand-derusted areas 3 x, all other surfaces should be coated 2 x.
- Minimum layer thickness 80 µm per layer if undiluted.
|Zinkstaubfarbe grau 250||250 ml||171062|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 11, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.