Technical Information Rust Protective Primer
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alcyd resin
- Colour: red brown
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
ca. 95 ml per m²
that means per 250 ml can: 2.5 - 3 m²
per 750 ml can: 7.5 - 9 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 4-6 hours
Coatable after 24-36 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the ground.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with brush cleaner
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 250 ml and 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- The surface has to be dry, clean and free from fat and rust.
- Zinc-plated surfaces should be cleaned with a zinc cleaner or a household-cleaner (e.g. spirits auf ammonia).
- Remove old flaking paintings which are not bearing.
- Grind and clean good maintained coatings, then make a test of compatibility
- Before application, always carefully stir up the paint.
- Temperature of the object and surrounding temperature should be at least +7°C.
- Brush, roll or spray (adjust to spray viscosity)
- Prime coat with this primer.
- Final coat with a undiluted synthetic paint.
- Before you apply a final coat, slightly sand and clean the ground.
- Cleaning of tools immediately after use with a brush cleaner.
- Dillutable: with universal thinner.
|Rostsch.-Haftgr. grau 250||250 ml||167607|
|Rostsch.-Haftgr. grau 750||750 ml||167621|
|Rostsch.-Haftgr. rotbraun 250||250 ml||167591|
|Rostsch.-Haftgr. rotbraun 750||750 ml||167614|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 10, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.