Technical Information Whiteboard Paint
DUPLI-COLOR Whiteboard Paint is a high gloss, water-thinnable and hard-wearing 2-component paint on basis of polyacrylate, using a chemical interlacing with a special aliphatic isocyanate hardener. Transform every smooth surface into a surface you can write on with whiteboard marker, which can be wiped off dry, whether it is a big wall, a door, a cabinet or an old blackboard.
Suitable on all smooth grounds, such as wood, metal, masonry, hard plastics, earthenware etc.
For example in living rooms, class rooms, offices, heath facilities, conference rooms and so on.
Sales only in Switzerland!
Quality and properties
- highly heavy-duty
- resistance to caking
- restistant to hand perspiration
- suitable for inside and outside
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: polyacrylate base, waterbased
- Colour: white + transparent
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
approx. 6 m² per kg,depending on applicated quantity and consistence of the ground
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
dust-dry after appox. 3-4 hours
dry to touch: after approx. 6 hours
can be written on after 3 - 4 days
The drying time depends on surrounding layer thickness, temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the ground.
- Best working temperature and object temperature:
Object temperature min. 10°C.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with warm water, soap and brush cleaner
- Storage stability:
12 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins with 0,5 L and 1 L each component A + B (hardener)
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
- The ground has to be clean, dry, fat-free and above all it must be smooth.
- The smoother the ground, the better texts and drawings can be removed from the painted area.
- Irregularities will be visible after application, therefore remove dust and irregularities before application.
- Wipe dry with a cloth.
- Untreated and dark surfaces should be primed with a white primer. That avoids the application of several coats of the Whiteboard Lacquer.
- Do not work during temperatures below 10°C.
- Please take care, that the component A + B are properly mixed.
- 5 parts by weight of component A (lacquer) with 1 part bei weight of component B (hardener)
- The potlife and working time is approx. 2-3 hours.
- Do not work with thickening material.
- Apply a rich and even layer of Whiteboard paint.
- The product is ready to use for brush application and application per roller.
- Dilute with water.
- For spraying (airless) the viscosity has to be adjusted. Dilute in little steps, as already small quantities if water cause a high degree of dilution.
- Persistent remainders of markers can be removed with as special cleaning spray for whiteboards.
|DC Whiteboard-F. transp. 1000||1 l||458781|
|DC Whiteboard-F. transp. 500||500 ml||458774|
|DC Whiteboard-F. weiss 1000||1 l||458767|
|DC Whiteboard-F. weiss 500||500 ml||458750|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 8, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.