Technical Information Click & Write Magnetic Blackboard Paint
Click & Write Magnetic Blackboard Paint is a ferro-magnetic blackboard paint.
- After application you can write on the painted surface with common chalk and simply wash it off with water.
- Besides, the ferrous components allow to adhere magnets.
The product can be used on various grounds, e.g. metal, wood, stone and different plastics.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Alkyd resin
- Colour: black
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
With 500 ml you are able to coat an area of 1.8 - 2.0 m² (single coat)
To achieve the magnetic effect on a blackboard, 500 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.5 - 0.6 m². The heavier the magnets, the more paint coats should be applied.
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 30 - 60 minutes
Tack-free: after 2 - 3 hours
Cured: after approx. 48 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans with maximum nominal volume of 500 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The surface to be treated should be clean, dry and fatfree.
- Remove and sand down layers of old painting till the surface is totally even.
- If necessary (on absorbant surfaces), prime with DUPLI-COLOR Primer.
- Before use shake the can for 2 minutes and spray a test piece.
- Optimal spray distance: 15 - 20 cm.
- Spray the lacquer on the desired object.
- To get the optimal magnetic effect on the blackboard, you should apply at least 5 layers; let dry each layer for 10 minutes before you apply the next one.
- Shake the can from time to time during use.
- After use turn the can upside down and spray the valve empty to clean it.
- After 48 hours the lacquer is hardened and can be used as blackboard.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Click & Write Schultafell. 500||500 ml||447174|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of April 25, 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.