Technical Information Magnetic Paint
DUPLI-COLOR Magnetic Paint is a water-based paint for indoor applications. The paint contains iron pigments, which allow to affix magnets on the painting.
The product offers a lot of applications in the most different fields in kindergarden, school, office, kids' rooms, etc.
As far as the paint has been applied in sufficiently thick coats, you can even re-coat it with any dispersion paint or repaper with a thin wallpaper - the magnetic properties will remain.
Overspraying with DUPLI-COLOR spray paints is also possible.
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: acrylate dispersion / hybrid system (acrylate/Alkyd)
- Colour: light grey
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
satin matt, not measurable due to rough texture
Depending on consistence and color of the ground and coat thickness 1 litre is sufficient for approx. 2 - 3 m² (2 coats)
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Thumb-proof at a wet film thickness of 100 µm: after 2 - 3 hours
Dry to touch: after approx. 3 hours
Coatable with itself: after at least 3 - 4 hours drying time
Coatable with dispersion: after at least 6 hours drying time
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Best working temperature:
Room temperature, 15 - 25°C
- Cleaning of tools: with water
- Storage stability:
1 year if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from frost!
- Size: metal tins 0.5 litre - 1.0 litre - 2.5 litre
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
- The ground should be smooth and absolutely dry.
- Cover surrounding area carefully to protect it from paint splatters.
- Completely remove wallpapers, which do not perfectly adhere to the wall.
- Extremely absorbent surfaces should be pretreated with a dispersion primer.
- To improve adherence, smooth, lacquered surfaces (e.g. doors) should be sanded before.
- Magnetic Paint is not suitable for outdoor applications.
- Do not use on objects which are exposed to humidity.
- Stir up well before application. This is in order to spread the metal pigments in the paint evenly.
- Do not mix the Magnetic Paint with any other paint or with water.
- Carefully imbue the short-hair paint roller, as you are used from other latex paints, and apply the first coat.
- Let the first coat dry for 3 – 4 hours.
- Then apply the 2nd coat of Magnetic Paint. At a coat thickness of 100 µm (2-3 coats) the magnetic effect is sufficient for customary magnets.
- To increase the magnetic effect, the surface can be painted in several coats, or use our super magnets. Order number see last page.
- As soon as the coating is dry to touch (at least 6 hours), the Magnetic Paint can be coated with any latex paint in any colour or repapered with a thin wallpaper.
|Magnetic Paint grau 0,5l||500 ml||120077|
|Magnetic Paint grau 1,0l||1 l||120084|
|Magnetic Paint grau 2,5l||2,5 L||208973|
|Magnetic Paint grau 4l||4 L||260384|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of February 1, 2011
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.