Technical Information Wood Hard Primer
DUPLI-COLOR Wood Hard Primer is a colourless, quick-drying, waterbased wood primer. It avoids that the subsequent paint coat sinks in.
For untreated wood, e.g. furniture, panels, wood casing.
Quality and properties
- adhesion promoting
- avoids that the subsequent top coat sinks in
- less bad odour
- for inside
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: Water-based
- Colour: colourless
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
Depending on thickness of the layer 750 ml are sufficient for 7,5 - 9 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 2 hours
Coatable after 8-12 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the wooden ground.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with warm water and if necessary with a cleanser
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
In order to grant safe adhesion and to have a perfect coat of paint, prepare the ground as following:
- The areas you want to paint should be clean, dry, dust- und fatfree, stable and bearing.
- If intact, clean and sand pld paintings, otherwise remove with a paint remover.
- Remove without residues flaking, not bearing old paintings.
- The minimum working temperature for material and surroundings is +8°C.
- Before use, stir up well.
- Dilute with max. 10 % water.
- Brush (with a glaze brush for waterthinnable glazes) or spray airless (bring to spray viscosity)
- New coating: prime rough wood undiluted with DUPLI-COLOR Aqua Wood Hard Primer. Apply 1-2 coats depending on demands and absorptivity of the subsoil, then overcoat with a coloured, pigmented wood glaze or a waterbased paint. Before every painting sand and clean the subsoil.
Tips for an optimal result:
- Sand, clean and brush wood always in direction of the grain.
- Especially after the first covering there might erect the wood fibers. They must be sanded before the next coating.
- Care for a drying time of 8-10 hours between the single layers.
|Holz-Hartgrund. farblos 750||750 ml||169267|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 14, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.