Technical Information Spar Varnish
DUPLI-COLOR Spar Varnish glossy is an aromate-free synthetic lacquer for the transparent varnishing above the water line.
Quality and properties
- bump- and shockproof
- for use on wood in areas over the water
- mild smell
- free from aromatic compounds
- for inside and outside use
- good flow
- resistant to common household cleaners
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: alcyd resin
- Colour: colourless
- Smell: neutral
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
750 ml are sufficient for approx. 8 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 6 hours
Coatable after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the wooden ground.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with brush cleaner
- Storage stability:
5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins with 750 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
In order to ensure adhesion and to achieve best image of painting, prepare the surface as follows:
- The areas to be painted have to be clean, dry, dust- and fat-free, firm and bearing.
- Old paintings: when intact clean and sand, otherwise with a paint remover.
- Remove without residues flaking, not bearing coatings.
- The minimum temperature for material and surroundings is 5°C
- Stir well before use.
- Brush with a glazing brush or roll with a synthetic roller oder use an airless gun (bring with universal thinner to spray viscosity.
- Proposal: 3 paintings with Spar Varnish. Dilute intermediate coatings with approx. 5 % white spirit. Sand slightly between the work steps
- If used in outside premises, apply a coat of wood primer.
- Do not work in the sun or during rain. Apply only over water. Cover directly weathered areas outside with lasures or any other covering material (e.g. synthetic paint).
- Clean the tools immediately after use with a brush cleaner.
Tips for an optimal result:
- Start to brush at corners or edges. Use therefore a brush.
- Then apply coating in cross-coats.
- Consider a drying time of 24 hours between the layers.
- Can be used with tools for solvent-based laquers.
|Bootslack farblos gl. 750||750 ml||168864|
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 13, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.