Technical Information Wood Preservation Agent
DUPLI-COLOR Wood Preservating Agent is a solvent-based, open-porous and transparent impregating glaze to refine and preservate wood in exteriour premises. DUPLI-COLOR Wood Preservating Agent penetrates deeply the wood, is water-repellent and protects the wood efficiently from UV-radiation and early wood diminution.
Applications for use: timber wood construction, garden houses, piles, tool sheds, fences. Subsoils: on not dimensionally stable wood parts.
Quality and properties
- penetrates deeply
- mild smell
- for outside
Physical and chemical data
- Basis of the binder: alkyd-resin
- Colour: walnut
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
- not relevant
depending on surface
750 ml are sufficient for approx. 9m²
5 L are sufficient for approx. 60 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 65% relative air humidity):
Surface-dry after approx. 4 - 6 hours
Coatable after 16 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and absorpitivity of the wooden ground.
- Cleaning of tools: immediately after use with brush cleaner
- 5 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container.
Do not store below 5°C
- Size: metal tins 750 ml and 5 L
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
Preparation of the ground:
In order to ensure adhesion and to achieve best image of painting, prepare the surface as follows:
- The areas to be painted have to be clean, dry, dust- and fat-free, firm and bearing.
- Old paintings: when intact clean and sand, otherwise with a paint remover.
- Remove without residues flaking, not bearing coatings.
- The minimum temperature of material and surroundings is 5°C.
- Stirr well before use.
- Brush (with a glazing brush)
- Apply 2 coats of paint (undiluted)
- The colour of the wood influences the colour of the lasure, we recommend a test.
Tips for an optimal result:
- Sand, clean and brush the wood always in direction of the fibers.
- In order to achieve an even, natural coat of paint, we recommend to apply several thin coast instead of one thick coat.
- Consider a drying time of 16 hours between the coats.
* no color identification possible
The presentation of colors may deviate from the original color.
For printing of the order information please press "printing preview/further products".
Examples for use
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of March 21, 2018
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.