Technical Information CAR'S Metallic
Quick-drying acrylic lacquers for styling, contrast lacquering and repairs on the vehicle.
To protect the metallic particles in the paint, the metallic lacquer has to be coated with CAR's Clear Lacquer art.no. 385858 or 693830.
Quality and properties
- High-grade nitrocombi quality
- Very good coverage
- Excellent adhesion
- Good flow, smooth surface
- Durable gloss
- Suitable for indoors and outdoors applications
- Weather-resistant, light-proof, UV-resistant (non-yellowing)
- Can be polished and is dirt-repellent after coating with 2-coat clear lacquer
- Scratch-, shock- and impact-resistant
- High surface hardness and good elasticity
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of the binder: nitrocombi
- Colour: diverse
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 80-85 gloss units after coating with clear lacquer
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
400 ml are sufficient for approx. 1.3 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 10 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 15 minutes
Dry to touch: after approx. 50 minutes
Coatable with clear lacquer: after approx. 30 minutes
Cured: after 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 80°C
- Storage stability:
10 years if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%)
- Size: aerosol cans, maximum nominal volume 400 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Derust surface, then clean from dirt and fat.
- Egalize uneven surfaces (apply putty, sand down).
- If application of putty is not necessary, apply a primer. Otherwise apply a filler to the fine-sanded area.
- Before mask off the repair spot generously.
- In case you work on bigger surfaces, we recommend to mask off seams and edges of the bodywork.
- The ground has to be clean, dry and free from fat.
- Mask off areas you do not want to paint.
- Test spray.
- Before use, shake the can for approx. 3 minutes.
- The spray distance should be approx. 20 - 30 cm.
- Apply the cover coat in several thin layers in 3 - 5 minute intervals.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|Cars azurblau m. 400||400 ml||706837|
|Cars blaulila m. 400||400 ml||706844|
|Cars lindgrün m. 400||400 ml||706851|
|Cars rot m. 400||400 ml||706868|
|Cars schwarz m. 400||400 ml||706875|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
Stand: 1. Dezember 2009
Mit dieser Version werden alle evtl. früher erschienenen Versionen ungültig.