Technical Information 2K Super Clear Coat
DUPLI-COLOR 2K Super Clear Coat is an especially resistant, hard-drying epoxy clear lacquer. Available in high gloss quality. Offers optimal protection for high-value paintings.
Applicable on surfaces like wood, paintable plastics, metal, steel, stainless steel, aluminium, brass, copper or even on chrome.
Physical and Chemical Data
- Basis of the binder: 1: Lacquer component: epoxide resin, 2. Hardener component: amine
- Colour: transparent
- Smell: solvent
- Degree of gloss (at measurement angle 60° acc. to DIN 67530):
glossy: 85 - 95 gloss units
Depending on consistence and color of the ground:
160 ml are sufficient for approx. 0.3 - 0.4 m²
- Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
Dust-dry: after approx. 30 minutes
Non-sticky: after approx. 2 hours
Dry to touch: after approx. 8 hours
Can be polished: after approx. 24 hours
Cured: after approx. 24 hours
The drying time depends on surrounding temperature, air humidity and thickness of the applied coat.
- Temperature-resistant: up to 100°C
- Storage stability:
24 months if appropriate storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity max. 60%).
Potlife after activating the hardener: 24 hours (at 20°C)
- Disposal: Put only empty cans into the recycling bin. Bring cans with remainders of paint to the special refuse disposal.
- Size: aerosol cans, 160 ml
Environment and labelling
Environmentally compatible: MOTIP DUPLI is committed to apply formulations without restricted or critical ingredients and to achieve best possible performance. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Please mind the residue inside the containers. Completely emptied containers can be used for recycling. If cans are not emptied, they should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Labelling: All products of MOTIP DUPLI comply with the current status of their labelling regulations. Classification and distinction takes place by the presently legal form of the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) or rather by CLP 1272/2008/EG regulations. Our safety data sheets comply with the current form of REACH 1907/2006/EG, article 31 und appendix II,
The most DUPLI-COLOR spray paints have a so-called no-spray ring or a tamper-proof cap. This is to avoid unauthorized use. Please see the corresponding advises on the cap or on the label.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
Preparation of the ground:
- Base coatings have to be fully dry. Please observe instructions of the paint manufacturer.
Mixing the clear lacquer with the hardener:
- The hardener is integrated within the spray can in a separate cartridge.
- To mix the hardener with the A-component, place can upside down on even surface.
- Remove protecting cap from the bottom of the can.
- Take out the ring and mount the ring through the hole of the bolt.
- Pull the bolt at the bottom of the can with the aid of the metal ring as far as it will go.
- By a following 360° turn the cartridge will be completely opened and the hardener will be released.
- Important: Shake can vigorously for 3 minutes from the audible noise of the balls in the can. This grants the optimal mixing with the hardener.
- Test spray at an invisible spot.
- Apply 2 – 3 coats of the clear lacquer. Allow to lift off for approx. 2 minutes after every coat.
- Potlife: After activating the hardener, the clear lacquer hast to be used within 24 hours (at 20°C). The working time depends on the surrounding temperature. Higher temperatures lead to a shorter pot life, lower temperatures to a longer potlife.
- Do not spray over synthetic paints!
- Hint: On white or other pale surfaces there might occur slight colour deviations.
Tips for spray painting
Protect the object and the surrounding area from spray mist. When painting small areas it is recommended that a piece of card is used as a mask, with a hole cut in it slightly larger than the area to be sprayed. The mask should be held 1 to 2 cm from the surface. With this method, the mainly part of the spray mist is brought under control. It recommends to mask parts not to be lacquered, to protect the surrounding against the spray mist.
The aerosol can should have room temperature.
Temperature should range between +10°C and +25°C, max. air humidity 60 %.
Store in a dry place. Protect from direct sunlight and other sources of heat. Use only during dry weather, in places protected from the wind, and in well-ventilated rooms. Follow the warning texts on the labels!
|2K Super Klarlack hgl. D 160||200 ml||369469|
Disclaimer of liability
This application-technological information is given to the best of our knowledge. The notes mentioned herein are, however, non-binding and do not exempt you from own tests to see whether the products supplied by us are suitable for your special application. The use and processing is beyond our control and therefore exclusively in the responsibility of the user. MOTIP DUPLI is let off the liability, unless the liability-based incident is caused by a fault incurred to MOTIP DUPLI.
For any further technical questions call our hotline +49 (0) 62 66 75-266 from Monday to Thursday from 9 h a.m. to 3 h p.m. or on Friday until 12 h p.m.
As of July 25, 2016
This release replaces all eventually earlier issued versions.